Scary facts about bedbugs and why it’s an emergency if you find them in your bed…
One bed bug can become 37,710 in nine months, and one bed bug, will feed on a human host for up to 10 minutes at a time. So, doing the sums, if you have just 50 bed bugs in your bed with you, as you settle for the night, you could be fed on for up to 500 minutes (that’s equal to 8.3hrs)
No wonder you won’t get a restful sleep!
Bed Bugs Can Hide Anywhere
- Mattress seams and upholstered bedheads
- Bedside tables
- Couches and chairs
- Skirting boards
- In cracked plaster on the walls
- Inside electrical sockets and fittings
- Behind pictures hanging on the wall
- Curtains seams and folds
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
Step One: Concentrate on mechanical methods, Entomologists* have told us this is the most effective way to get rid of the bugs
- Vacuum carpets and floors
- Use mattress and box spring cover protectors and leave it on for a year – this is the time it takes for all the adult bed bugs and larvae to die off!
- Wrap plastic or use traps under bed frame legs to keep bugs from climbing onto the bed
- Washing bedding at high temperature
- Using steam or heat treatment to clean the mattress
- Seal hiding places – put all your affected clothing into heavy black bags and place outside in the sun and then clean at high temperature
- Then for ‘Peace of Mind’ go to Step Two …
Step Two: Choose Professional Pest Management for the Removal of Bed Bugs
Call us today 07 37157000 and we’ll arrange for a Trained Technician to inspect and work out a plan of action.