These Great Words From ‘The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy’ Remind Us To –
- Take a deep breath – Smile and get moving…
- Grab an old cloth (one that’s been washed lots of times so the colour doesn’t run, if you have an old white cloth even better)
- Blot … Blot … Blot …Blot – start soaking up the excess liquid – PLEASE never scrub the carpet, continue to use a rhythmic blotting action
- Keep going until you’ve soaked up the excess red wine
- Grab another old white cloth, wet the cloth with cold water to dilute what’s left of the stain – don’t go overboard, just a put a little water on the cloth so you can keep blotting up the excess water
- This is where patience comes in handy – keep going with the blotting and wetting with a little cold water – each time you blot you’ll be removing more of the wine stain
Two suggested home remedies
- Mix a baking soda paste – 3:1 ratio of water to baking soda, apply it gently to the area – AGAIN NO RUBBING. When the paste is dry, vacuum up all of the powder
OR try this method
- Mix 2 cups of warm water with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid. Dip a cloth or sponge into the mixture and GENTLY pat the solution directly onto the wine stain. Keep GENTLY blotting and patting until the stain has lifted.
Be GENTLE and be PATIENT
The main characteristics in all this is to be GENTLE and PATIENT, don’t over water the carpet and keep blotting the carpet dry.
If your patience isn’t rewarded, and you haven’t removed all the wine stain, call us 07 37157000 and we’ll take you through the next steps.
Remember, always do a spot removal test on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is normally not visible. These are suggested treatments only and Jones & Co Restoration can’t be held accountable for any damage sustained by use of the treatments in this spot removal guide.